There is a very interesting and mysterious plant in our nature - the grass lumbago. For such an early, almost winter appearance, this flower is also called a snowdrop.
These perennial herbaceous plants of the Buttercup family are widespread in the Northern Hemisphere and have about 40 species. Some types of lumbago are listed in the Red Book.
- Folk legends
- Plant properties and medicinal uses
- How and when to collect the dream grass
- Cultivation of lumbago grass sleep
Beliefs and legends are associated with lumbago with grass among different peoples, which is reflected in the name itself. Once, when the Devil was still an angel, but had already rebelled against God, he was thrown to the ground along with his retinue. From the wrath of the Creator, Satan and the demons hid in the grass, but Archangel Michael sent an arrow. An arrow shot through the grass, the demons, together with the Devil, fell into the underworld. And the flower hit by the arrow received magical properties.
All evil spirits are afraid of him and run away. According to popular belief, the arrow helps against the evil eye and damage. If you carry grass with you, then you will protect yourself from evil intrigues and misfortunes. If you put a lumbago at an angle when building a house, it will protect the house from thunderstorms and fire, and life in the house will be happy. The plant also helps heal wounds caused by sharp weapons.
The second name of the plant - sleep grass - also has ancient roots. The property of catching up on sleep was noticed by ancient herbalists and healers, which was reflected in the epics and legends of different peoples. For example, in Scandinavian legends there is a mention of the fact that when Brunhilde was put a dream under her head, she immediately fell asleep. They say that bears grow drunk from this flower in spring, and having fallen asleep on this grass, the hunter can sleep until the end of spring.
Sleep grass, according to popular wisdom, has the properties of predicting the future and even making wishes come true. If you put a flower dream of grass, torn early in the morning, under your pillow at night, you will have a prophetic dream. It is necessary to collect a dream grass only with bright thoughts and think about the cherished, then the wish will come true.
Plant properties and medicinal uses
The lumbago herb in a raw, freshly cut form is poison, and in dried form, it is a medicine. This property is due to the content in the shot of a toxin called protoanemonin. In the process of drying, the toxin is destroyed, and the toxic properties disappear. Fresh, not dried plants cannot be used for ingestion, this can lead to severe poisoning and even death.
- Radiculitis, osteochondrosis, rheumatism, polyarthritis, neuralgic pain. An alcoholic infusion (1 part alcohol: 4 parts crushed grass) is used for grinding.
- Fungal diseases and skin lesions caused by Staphylococcus aureus. An infusion or extract from fresh leaves is used. Leaves can be applied to boils, abscesses and abscesses.
Inside, you can take infusions or decoctions made only from dried raw materials, while being very careful. Strel helps with the following ailments:
- Diseases of the nervous system. Water infusion (1 glass of cold boiled water: 2 tsp of raw materials during the day in 5-6 doses) has a good soothing effect.
- Respiratory tract diseases (whooping cough, asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary tuberculosis), measles, female diseases. The cooked broth (1 glass of boiling water: 1 tsp of raw materials) is drunk 1 teaspoon every 2-3 hours.
- Impotence. Place the plucked flowers of the shot in a container with water to bring it home, prepare a decoction (0.5 l of water: 10 flowers, bring to a boil, cool and strain), take 30 ml every day. You can make a blank. Take out the flowers brought home in water, squeeze out, put the squeezed juice and flowers in a container, pour 0.5 liters of vodka, leave for 7 days, also take 30 ml daily.
The use of lumbago is contraindicated in the following cases: neuritis, gastritis, pregnancy (can provoke an abortion), liver disease. The medicinal properties of lumbago have been known for a long time and are still actively used in medicine in different countries and peoples.
How and when to collect dream grass
The time for collecting and harvesting the lumbago is the flowering period, mainly before the start of fruit ripening. In different regions of the Northern Hemisphere, lumbago blooms at different times. In central Russia, this usually occurs from the end of April to the second half of May.
They collect not individual parts, but whole plants, with flowers and roots. When collecting and harvesting plants, care must be taken - the juice from the shot can cause burns if it gets on the skin.
Drying sleep grass is recommended in a shaded ventilated area. You can harvest the juice or extract from fresh plants, in which case it is necessary to use alcohol as a preservative.
Cultivation of lumbago grass sleep
Today, this plant can be mainly found in forests, steppes, on the slopes of hills. However, it can also be grown in the garden. You need to know that the transplanted plants die soon enough in new conditions for them, therefore, cultivation in the garden should be done from seeds.
Shooting requires light soil and good drainage. The plant is light-loving, but shade-tolerant. In hot weather, the grass requires watering. Seeds are sown densely to a depth of 1-1.5 cm in April and early May. The optimum temperature for seed germination is 20-25 ° C. Germination time is usually 3-4 weeks.
In the garden, the grass, being a perennial plant, can live in one place for a very long time - dozens of years, delighting the eye with flowers of fabulous beauty that bloom every spring.
Admire the flowering dream of the grass in the video: