When growing ornamental, fruit, berry or vegetable crops, many gardeners and gardeners are faced with problems such as damage to plants by parasites or various diseases.
A variety of fungicides are used to prevent this problem or treat the lesion. One of the most famous is Fundazol.
- Description and composition
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Instructions for the use of Fundazol for processing vegetable crops
- Processing of fruit trees and berry crops
- Fundazol for indoor flowers
- Preparing seeds for planting
- Reviews of the drug
Description and composition
Fungicide is used both for the treatment of the affected parts and for prophylaxis. Often, experienced gardeners use it to treat seeds and other planting material. This helps to protect the plant in advance from possible attacks of pests or diseases.
In addition, the drug is effective against fungal and infectious diseases.
However, it is worth remembering that before you start using the mixture, you should carefully read not only the application rules, but also the list of contraindications. This is especially important, since fungicides are toxic substances and an overdose can lead to a number of unpleasant consequences.
Distinguished by a high level of efficiency, the mixture quickly and efficiently stops the spread of the disease without harming the plant itself. However, in order to minimize the risk of overdose, you should be extremely careful and follow all precautions.
Fundazol drug, composition and features:
- The active ingredient is benomyl (in a ratio of 50 g benomyl per 100 g of the substance);
- Release form - wettable powder of white or slightly yellowish color;
- It differs in a not particularly noticeable, but characteristic smell characteristic of drugs of this series;
- Insoluble in water or other organic liquids;
- It is not recommended to store the product in a damp room, this can negatively affect the quality;
- Not volatile;
- Belongs to the second class of hazard;
- Refers to highly flammable substances - it is not recommended to store in the immediate vicinity of fire or heating objects;
- It has a wide range of actions - it is used both to eliminate the problem and for prevention.
It is worth applying the drug with gloves to prevent contact with the skin or mucous membranes.
Although the fungicide is almost harmless to human health, it should be used with caution.
Fundazole is recommended for the treatment of both outdoor ornamental and agricultural plants and indoor flowers. The substance penetrates directly into the plant. Here it is converted into carbendazim, the fungicidal effect of which directly affects the cause of the development of pathology.
However, the agent acts not only on the internal parts, but also on the integumentary tissues. So, for example, it is recommended to eliminate the first symptoms of the development of a fungus. Helps to stop the spread of fungus or pathogens, quickly eliminates the accompanying symptoms of the development of pathology.
Fundazole is recommended for the elimination of diseases such as:
- Anthracnose or bitter rot caused by fungi;
- Septoria, the first symptoms of which are the formation of black dots on the leaf blades;
- Verticillous and Fusarium leaf wilt;
- Powdery mildew, which can be fatal;
- Phytophthora is a fungal disease most characteristic of the nightshade family. The first symptom of damage is brown spots on the leaves and fruits;
- Gray rot is a fungal disease;
- Phomosis is a deep lesion of the stem, a fungus. It develops especially often during the growing season.
Despite its wide spectrum of action, the substance is not recommended for the treatment of rust or downy mildew.
In case of damage to these diseases, the fungicide is powerless.
Advantages and disadvantages
Fundazole is used for the treatment and prevention of many diseases of indoor and agricultural plants. Recommended for the elimination of symptomatic lesions of the root system, stems, leaf blades or seeds. It is used for preventive treatment of seeds before sowing to prevent pest infestation.
The benefits include:
- Impact directly on the ability of fungi to multiply, thus stopping the spread of pathology;
- Protection after seed treatment is guaranteed, regardless of weather conditions;
- It has a wide spectrum of action, since in addition to the fungicide, the substance includes acaricide, nematicide and insecticide;
- Differs in rapid penetration and impact directly on the cause or organism of the pest;
- Reduces the activity of growth and development of larvae and adults of spider mites;
- It provokes the death of microscopic worms, which can inhibit the growth of the plant;
- Recommended both for treatment and as a prophylactic substance;
- Reduces the growth rate of leaf beetle larvae, inhibits them, provoking death;
- Resistant to rain, does not wash off if more than three hours have passed since etching;
- The effect of treating a plant affected by a fungus can be seen the next day;
- The effectiveness of the action does not depend on temperature: it is equally effective in cool and hot weather.
Due to the richness of its chemical composition, it has a wide spectrum of action. Recommended for the treatment and prevention of many plant diseases.
However, in addition to the advantages, Fundazol also has a number of disadvantages, which include:
- High level of flammability, it is forbidden to store or use it near open flames or heating surfaces;
- Toxic to humans and fish. That is why, when processing, it is worth wearing gloves and closed clothing, it is not recommended for use near bodies of water.
- When etching, you should strictly adhere to the dosage prescribed in the instructions and the frequency of application. So, you should not process the same area more often than once every several seasons.
Instructions for the use of Fundazol for processing vegetable crops
Features of application and dosage depend on the type. So, the agent is most effective when processing potato bulbs and tubers. Used for the treatment and prevention of nightshades, cereals and root crops.
Each has its own drug rate.
It is recommended to use the medicine for lesions with spotting and powdery mildew by spraying. Protection is guaranteed for a month.
It is recommended to carry out the initial etching at the first stage of the disease four times at short intervals. The protection effectiveness period is 14-21 days.
Fundazol is recommended for preventive treatment immediately before planting seedlings. To do this, moisten the substrate with the working solution. The use of the substance during the growing season of cabbage is prohibited, since at this time the head of cabbage actively absorbs all incoming substances.
To achieve the maximum effect of the drug Fundazol, instructions for use, reviews and general characteristics are necessary. It is worth remembering that it is worth using the product to process seed or substrate before planting. Spraying is strictly prohibited during the growing season.
Processing of fruit trees and berry crops
For spraying berry crops or fruit trees, as in the case of vegetables, the dosage of the drug is important.
So, for example:
- Fundazole for grapes or currants is used before flowering or after harvesting berries. In the process of processing, it is necessary to dissolve 10 g of the drug in 10 liters of water and water the bushes at the rate of 1.5 liters of solution for every 10 m2 of soil;
- For fruit crops (peach, pear) affected by powdery mildew or gray mold, it is recommended to carry out five dressings. To do this, you need to prepare a solution of 10 g of powder per 10 liters of water and water the trees: 2 liters for the young and 5 liters for the old one. The primary treatment is best done before flowering trees, and the second one a month before harvesting.
- When processing fruit and berry crops, compliance, dosage and timing are also important. So, it is undesirable to introduce a fungicide before direct harvesting.
Fundazol for indoor flowers
The practice of using the medicine Fundazol for indoor plants is quite common. Most often it is used to combat fungal diseases of indoor orchids. It is quite simple to detect a fungal infection: the leaves and stems begin to change color, become softer to the touch.
It is at the stage when the defeat has not yet captured the entire plant, it is recommended to use Fundazol for orchids as soon as possible. In this case, you need to take a transparent container, cover it with dry soil and pieces of polystyrene, moisten with a pre-prepared solution and move the orchid into it.
You should not spray the orchid itself, as well as trim the leaves. However, the latter can come in handy if the action of the drug negatively affects them.
If the disease has caused blackening of the leaves, the infected stems should be cut off immediately and carefully. Places of cuts must be treated with a solution.
Indoor flowers are quite delicate plants, the care of which requires special care. However, with the correct use of the drug, there should be no problems with this.
Preparing seeds for planting
When preparing planting material and treatment with Fundazol, the consumption rate is an important factor. So etching can be carried out both with a solution and with the powder itself.
To achieve the maximum effect, you must:
- Pour the garlic bulbs with a mixture of ten grams of the substance per half a liter of liquid;
- Pour the bulbs of gladioli with a solution at the rate of ten grams of powder per two liters of liquid and keep for three hours;
- Soak the seeds of tomatoes, cucumbers and cabbage with a similar solution or treat the substrate before direct planting.
Seed dressing can be carried out both in advance and immediately before planting. However, in both cases, it is worth considering the peculiarities of the dosage.
Reviews of the drug
Most of the reviews about this tool are positive, this is due to the fact that the fungicide has a wide spectrum of action. Extremely safe for plants and humans, if used correctly, it can rarely cause unpleasant side effects.
The tool is known both to many gardeners and flower growers. Positive feedback from orchid owners is more than indicative. The drug has a quick and accurate effect on dangerous fungal diseases and effectively eliminates unpleasant symptoms.
Possible negative reviews are mostly associated with non-compliance with the rules for handling the fungicide. Nevertheless, it also has negative aspects, including high flammability rates.
However, in percentage terms, most of it falls on positive opinions, because if handled correctly, the product is safe.
Fundazole - used to treat and prevent fungal and infectious diseases. Differs in a low level of negative impact on the human body and plants.
More information about fungicides - when watching the video: